Democrats vs Republicans vs Christianity
It is clear that the division we have in America right now is mainly from the two major political views. Left, right, far left, far right, liberals, conservatives and whatever else you want to call it. Both parties clearly have policies that contradicts the scriptures. So I'm yet to understand why one party would think they are the party of "Christians."
Most Democrats spend their political career letting people know they are not all about "Church stuff " even though they believe in God. They generally agree with laws to punish Christians who choose not to participate in something like "gay marriage" that contradicts Christian's beliefs.
Most Republicans spend their political careers preaching morals and "Church stuff." But when they have a candidate that crosses those red lines so many times, they start preaching grace and going out of their way to defend evil deeds just to protect their party. Notice I said most and not all when referencing the two major parties, so please don't crucify me.
Separating kids from their moms in the womb:
- Most Democrats = It's a choice
- Most Republicans = No, it's a sin
- Me = If you democrats believe Republican Christians should not "force their religion" on others, why do you force them to do things that violates their religious freedom and/or beliefs?
Separating kids from their parents at the boarder:
- Most Democrats = It is morally wrong, unconstitutional and heartless
- Most Republicans = They broke the law and must be punished
- Me = If God wants us to follow the laws set by the government like most Republicans would say especially the attorney general Jeff Session, then how come these same Republicans didn't want to follow the law that said Christians must preside over gay marriage when required to?
Now you understand why we must end this nonsense of using the name of God to defend our political affiliation. There is no country under the sun that would fully adopt the Bible as its constitution.
At the end of the day we are all humans. As Christians we do our very best to obey God rather than man. God is God and we cannot play God or force people to believe in Him. Politics is a matter of opinion, not doctrine. We must agree to disagree while honestly looking for common grounds to keep the peace. We all need to get over our silly self and face reality instead of swimming in falsehood.