Did God Pick Trump to be the President?
Romans 13:2 - "Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted...."
- This is the verse I hear the most from my Republican friends. So did Peter and the other apostles break this command in Acts 5 when they kindly told the government officials that they would keep preaching the truth about Jesus and not obey their command?
- This is a similar verse that I counter with. Does this mean any man that unites with a minor or a child to become one flesh, were brought together by God and no one should separate or put apart?
The scripture is clear like daylight and we need to stop twisting the scriptures to favor us and/or our ungodly opinions. This is not a matter of opinion so speak where the Bible speaks and be silent accordingly. We need to read the Bible both in context, time or place while also cross-referencing other scriptures. God created and approved the system of governing; not a particular government (Colossians 3:18-25), which includes:
- Parents and Kids
- Husband and Wife
- Employer and Employee
- Leaders and Followers, etc..
No, God does not hand pick anyone to fill these positions in government or marriage. If you believe God picked one, then he picked them all and you should have supported Obama the way you are rolling over to support Trump. If God picked them all, then He is a partial God because there are a lot of good Christians around the world suffering in the hands of malicious leaders. Thank goodness we do not serve a partial God.
Christians are the spiritual Israel and the Bible is our constitution (2 Timothy 3:16). God gave guidelines for Christians to select their Spiritual leaders (1 Timothy 3) just as he gave guidelines to the physical Israelite on selecting their leaders (1 Samuel 16). As Christians (aka spiritual Israelite - Galatians 3:26-29) and pilgrims on earth, we have to recognize our presence on this foreign soil called earth as we continue our march on to Zion:
- As people of a society, we must obey the government
- As employees, we must obey our employers
- As children, we must obey our parents