My Favorite Book - Chapter - Verse
My favorite Book of the Bible
I wish I can honestly say just one. It's a toss up between 4 books of the Bible.
- Proverbs - You can't find better wisdom anywhere else
- Romans - Helps me understand God's plan from the Old to the New Testament
- Ephesians - I call this the Christian life
- Hebrews - This to me is the book of faith and hope. In many ways similar to both Romans and the book of Ephesians.
The reason this is a "toss up" is because the books of Romans, Ephesians and Hebrews all helps me Understand Faith, Grace and Salvation. All 3 also bring the book of Revelation to life and makes it easier to understand.
My favorite Chapter in the Bible - Easily and absolutely John chapter 15. This chapter in the book of John is not only my all time favorite, it continues to give me goose bumps whenever I read it. It became my all time favorite decades ago because of verses 18 while at the same time reminding us through the words of the Savior Himself that once saved is not forever saved. So we need to stay plugged into the lifeline - Jesus.
My favorite Verse of the Bible - This is another tough one. I can't go in detail why but I'll write out the scriptures; something I rarely do. For some of you who know me personally, hear me speak or talked to me on the phone, there's a good chance you've heard me repeat one or more of these. So here's another toss up in no order.
- James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
- Titus 2:11 - "For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people."
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
- Galatians 4:16 - "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
Now it's your turn to tell me your favorite verse(s) and why.