Successful Young Men - Black vs White Perception
According to the Economic Policy Institute, Black Men make twenty-two percent (22%) less than White Men with the same background. This is the reality of young Black Men in America today and this is why people of color will hardly get the respect or credit the so much deserve.
These young Black Men will always be seen as inferior and less important regardless of the hurdles they endure on a daily basis. Parents need to start raising their kids to see colored people as human beings that deserve to be treated with respect and dignity like everyone else. Employees must do better and have an open mind; open door and see people, not colors.
This is no surprise that when a young Black Man fights through ten times the hurdle as his counterpart to earn less, his success is not only undermined but also insulted. These are the top 3 things that most people say about thriving young men.
Young Black Man
- He is a drug dealer (Marijuana, Cocaine, etc)
- He is an entertainer (Hip-hop/R&B artist, Movie Star, TV Actor, etc.)
- He is a an athlete or ball player (Basketball, Football, Baseball player)
Young White Man
- He must have a good paying job
- He must own a good business
- He must be from a wealthy family
Life is not fair and never will be. However, we can be better as a society and especially as people called out to make a difference.